Happy Friday! It's that time of week again: time for my 5 for FRIDAY list!
1. Most important thing: Sunday is Father's Day! If you haven't already picked up a card and/or gift for your Dad, you better get going. Woody always says that Dad's get jipped on Father's Day because Mother's Day is always more popular, and that Dad's probably just want their own time to have a beer and watch sports! Well, this is a great weekend for Dad's who love sports because not only is the World Cup going on, but this weekend is also the U.S. Open at Pebble Beach (you know what Woody will be doing all weekend - starting tonight)! I seriously have the best Dad I could have ever hoped for and I'm sorry I won't be with him this weekend. He's always been there for me and I know he always will be. I don't think I will ever be able to express to him just how much he means to me.
2. On the World Cup tip, USA plays this morning against Slovenia. Hopefully all those Vuvuzela's won't throw them off too much! If you have young kids who enjoy soccer or sports in general, there's a great book you might want to check out - The Wild Soccer Bunch. It's an inspiring story about a kids soccer team, their struggles, triumphs and how they work together as a team. (full disclosure: I'm currently working with the publicist for this book)
3. For NYCers - check out NYC Adventure on Saturday from Noon till 4pm in Central Park at the bandshell. There will be rock climbing walls, yoga clinics, bike rentals, a fishing zone, obstacle courses, live music, and much more. And it's all FREE!! Let me know if you're going to stop by, cause I'll definitely be there!
4. Another NY thing - I read about this very cool art installment that's starting next week here in the city. It's called "Play Me, I'm Yours" and consists of 60 pianos that volunteers have painted and will be placed in various points around the city (all boroughs) where people can just sit down and start playing! You don't have to know how to play, just play something! Have fun! Be creative! Sounds great, doesn't it? The instillation will be running from June 21st through July 5th, so there's plenty of time to find a piano and have some fun!
5. Be a part of Yoga at the Great Lawn! Jet Blue and Flavorpill are sponsoring an evening of music, spoken word and yoga on the first full day of summer! (and they're hoping it'll be the world's largest yoga class!) Gates open at 5, the yoga class is at 6:45pm. If you're thinking about attending this free event, click the link above to register and print your ticket! Hope to see you there!
What are you up to this weekend?
workout stats -