Here's this week's 5 for Friday list:
- Woody and I are staying in the city this weekend. We really like long holiday weekends in the city because our neighborhood is usually a bit quieter. Next Friday at this time though, we'll be in the air on our way to Michigan! My friend Melody, who came for a visit last month, is getting married and then Woody and I are going up to our family cottage for a little R&R time! We haven't been there since 2008, so it's about time! In my entire life, I think I've only gone 4 or 5 years without getting up there. It's a beautiful and relaxing place, basically in the middle of no where. No cell service, no computer access, just one little TV that you have to pull out of hiding to get a few local channels. It's all about being outside, reading, boating, relaxing, eating s'mores and just being. To me, summer means the cottage.
- Tomorrow I'm meeting Gracela and a friend of hers for an early morning (10am) showing of Sex and The City 2! The $6.00 tickets were the deciding factor on when to go. We'll take our breakfast and coffee and enjoy a few hours of watching a $10million costume budget flow across the screen!
- If you're in NYC on Monday, I suggest you take a trip down to South Street Seaport in the afternoon to catch a rare, free, concert by one of the city's best bands - The Dexter Lake Club Band! They hardly ever play public concerts - playing mostly for big events and celebrity weddings. All the guys in this band are serious musicians, having toured with artists such as The Walkmen, The French Kicks, Norah Jones, Willie Nelson and others. They play covers, so you'll definitely recognize the music while being amazed by their talent. Seriously, check it out if you can! Go here for more info.
- Whether you are in NYC or not, you may be thinking about making burgers for a cook out this weekend! Here are six healthy burger recipes from Women's Health magazine that might come in handy!
- Girls on the Run Manhattan is still looking for volunteers to help at the season end 5k race next Sunday morning (June 6). They need volunteers to serve as running buddies and in other capacities. Go here for more info or to register.
What are your plans for the weekend?
Workout Stats -
3x10 overhead tricep extension
3x10 tricep dips
3x10 tricep kickbacks
3x12 cable pull twists
3x10 reverse hyper extension
2x20 hip extension
foam roller & stretching