Whenever I go home, like this past weekend, I think about how I couldn't live there any longer. At least not in that particular town. It's too spread out and people are forced to drive everywhere. That's just not who I am anymore. It's great to visit, but after living in the city for 6 years now (wow, I just realized I passed my 6 yr anniversary!), I am addicted to walking everywhere. I need and crave that movement and activity. So, here is just a small list of the things I'd look for in a city if we were to move. It's interesting, because most of them have something to do with living out a healthy lifestyle.
- Clean air
- Grass and parks
- At least one body of water nearby
- Walkable town
- Ability to be a one hybrid car family
- Running/walking trails (and golf courses for Woody) close by
- Races within easy driving distance
- Emphasis in the community on recycling, health, and fitness
- A local farmers market
- Family friendly
- A plethora of cultural activities - concerts, art exhibits, museums, etc.
- A growing or stable economy
I wouldn't mind a view like this!
I believe that where we live plays such a huge part in our happiness. Do you love where you live and wouldn't trade it for any other place? Or do you dream of something else? What are your top 'must haves'?
Workout Stats -
2x25 sec planks
3x10 ea: leg curl, leg extension, leg press