Wednesday, February 10, 2010

An Unconvential Mid-Day Walk & Lunch

Let me start by saying this happened a few hours ago. I did not just finish my lunch at 4:15pm. Although, a few years ago that wouldn't necessarily have been the case.

Anyway, since I postponed a coffee date with a new friend till next week that was supposed to happen this afternoon at Ost Cafe (thanks Julie!) and Woody and I planned ahead to take today off from the gym, I've been in the apartment ALL day long. Our little NY apartment can become quite claustrophobic after a few hours, especially when there isn't even much sunlight coming in the windows!

So, I decided to get out of the apartment today I'd just head down and walk on the treadmill for a bit. Since it was an 'off' day from the gym I didn't want to do a full workout. That would defeat the whole purpose. My unconventional mid-day walk consisted of walking down the 17 flights to the 'fitness room' in our building. A lot of people must have been 'working from home' today because I have never seen the room so full. Two of the three treadmills were already in use along with one bike and another woman came in and got on the elliptical just after I claimed the last treadmill! CRAZY! Anyway, I walked for 30 minutes and finished reading this month's Runner's World cover story on Kara Goucher (very interesting, by the way). Not the best way to get some exercise, but it's better than nothing, right?

Afterwards, I made my way back upstairs and put my lunch together. Along with my apple and veggies (yes, of the frozen variety), I had an arnold's sandwich thin with a vegan burger, laughing cow cheese wedge (yum) and I added something a bit different to the combo - dried cherries. I like cherry burgers, so why not? My little addition was a success! Will definitely do this again.
Good to mix things up a little bit now and then!

Hope you're all having a great day!

1 comment:

Julie said...

you're welcome! hope you enjoy ost when you finally make it there. stay safe on the slippery sidewalks :)