Saturday, November 7, 2009

Sunny Days

Today was an absolutely GORGEOUS fall day. It was only 38' when we woke up and it wasn't going to get out of the 50's, but there was not a cloud in the sky and the sun was warming. Plus, the Spartans won in football today!

Woody and I went to the gym and the grocery store this morning, a usual Saturday morning routine (when I'm not running).

My non-running workout:
50 minutes on the recumbent bike
10 minutes on the arm bike
Light free-weight arm routine
30 side bends (each side) with 20lb weight
200 crunches
Stretches

After having brunch at home, we headed down to the Union Square Farmer's Market. Anyone in NYC, whether you live here or are just visiting, should go to this farmer's market at least once. There are many others around the city, but this is the largest and most popular. Vendors from all over the tri-state area converge on the busy plot of land 4 days a week - Monday, Wednesday, Friday, and Saturday. Some vendors are there every day, some only a select ones. Anyway, I thought I'd share a few pictures from our trip today.

We purchased kale, green peppers, tomatoes, brussel sprouts, butternut squash, onions, apples, and apple cider. I can't wait to start cooking up these great fall flavors!








































































We stopped at Barnes & Noble where I picked up Michael Pollan's "In Defense of Food." I've heard it's a great book and can't wait to start reading it now that I've finished "Mindless Eating" by Brian Wansink. I highly recommend Wansink's book and will write a post about it soon. So many interesting findings.
Well, time for me to heat up a cup of apple cider!

No comments: